Thursday, December 1, 2011

Still Thankful

Ever have one of those days? Or week? Yes? Well, we're having one here. Here's to pushing through with bright hope for tomorrow!
Posting will be slim until we get our computer back from the apple genius people. I can only handle typing short posts on my iPod! Very thankful that we had a few weeks left on our AppleCare plan when our computer decided to stop working. Thankful that my husband was kept safe when his car broke down in the middle of a busy intersection! Thankful that we decided to go with a 4-foot Christmas tree and that no children were harmed when a certain 2-year old was showing a certain 9-month old how to pull the bulbs off the tree and they knocked the tree over! Ha!

But seriously I am so thankful, these things are just a drop in the bucket in light of eternity! None of these things really matter when I consider Christ and the joy of his arrival.

"See, I will create
new heavens and a new earth.
The former things will not be remembered,
nor will they come to mind. But be glad and rejoice forever
in what I will create,
for I will create Jerusalem to be a delight
and its people a joy. (Isaiah 65:17, 18 NIV)

"O soul, are you weary and troubled?
No light in the darkness you see?
There's light for a look at the Savior, And life more abundant and free!
Turn your eyes upon Jesus;
Look full in His wonderful face,
And the things of earth will grow strangely dim
In the light of His glory and grace."
-Helen Lemmel, Turn Your Eyes Upon Jesus

Have a good day!

2 comments:

  1. Your life is sure busy! Sounds like you need an adventure! Why don't you come on over to my house and we will see if you can get a break! Love you, MOM

    ReplyDelete
  2. During some quiet time today, I read the following scripture, and it made me think back to this blog so I thought I'd share.

    Romans 8:18 - I consider that our present sufferings are not worth comparing with the glory that will be revealed in us.

    What a perspective!! So thankful that we get to live out of VICTORY through Jesus!

    Have a great day,
    Lori

    ReplyDelete