Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Randomness

  • A text message I received from my husband during today's thunder/rain storm: "I was taking the flag down and my hair all started standing up."

    Note to self: remember to pray for our public servants who put themselves in harm's way every day or 10 days per month in his case. Well come to think of it, he is pretty dangerous even when he is not at work.

  • If you like potatoes like I do then you will L-O-V-E this recipe. You will also do yourself quite a humorous favor by clicking around the whole site.
  • The best steak marinade we have found: no marinade at all. Instead, simply rub the steak with a mixture of lemon-pepper seasoning and ye ol' standby Lawry's. Also, allow steak to come to room temperature before grilling. Your life will be changed.
  • It has now been 2 consecutive nights that our 60 pound dog has decided she must sleep on the bed…wait that is nothing new, let me clarify…in MY SPOT ON THE BED. Josh and I have both been edge of the bed sleepers and usually the big dumb dog will sleep at the foot of the bed and that is just fine. I like when she keeps my feet warm (in the winter). The past 2 nights however she thinks she has to sleep like a human. She waits until about oh hmm yes I looked at the clock both nights and it was exactly 12:55 AM when I awoke with a fright. And what to my wondering eyes should appear but a big dumb black Labrador leaping to bed. She puts her head by my pillow and pushes me out of the way. Because you know dogs don't curl up in a neat little ball, no they lay as stretched out as they possibly could be. So now I have to lay awake for hours sleep smashed up next to Josh when our house is 80 degrees. It is fine though. Being newlyweds we probably shouldn't keep to our own sides of the bed as much as we have been. Maybe the dog thought we needed to sleep closer. Let's see if it happens again tonight. I will say last night I didn't realize what was happening and woke Josh to say, "There's someone in our bed!" "No, really, someone is trying to get in the bed!"

Ok that's all from me today.


 

ae

1 comment:

  1. Sweet little Charlie. So glad she is frightened of stairs and stayed in her kennel. You are funny, Annie.

    ReplyDelete