Friday, June 20, 2008

weekend

It's Friday! Yeah!

We are looking ahead to a great weekend. Tomorrow Josh and I are running a 5K race downtown and then helping some friends move in the afternoon. Sunday I think is open so we will probably take Charlie to the dog park after church if it isn't too hot. It has been so hot lately she doesn't even want to be outside that much. This morning she was acting pretty crazy though so I was wondering if it was the dog version of cabin fever.

In other matters, some things I have been reflecting on this week…the first one is my new favorite.

Psalm 71:5
For you have been my hope, O sovereign LORD, my confidence since my youth.

Isaiah 30:21
Whether you turn to the right or to the left, your ears will hear a voice behind you, saying, "This is the way; walk in it."

Philippians 1:5-6
Because of your partnership in the gospel from the first day until now, being confident of this, that he who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus.


 

I completed week 7 of my working out life. Things are getting to be very rewarding. Now if I could just get back into those clothes that I have stashed away on the top shelf of the closet. My goal for the race tomorrow is: NO WALKING! I know my little legs can stay running for the whole time so now I just have to make them do it! I'm not setting a time goal for this one because I don't even wear a watch when I run and I think if I keep moving as I plan to do I will end up with a decent time! Maybe I will set a personal best!!

Ok, hugs to you all. Have a happy weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment