Wednesday, August 31, 2011

favorite brownie recipe

My favorite brownies right now...
I am not a food photographer...
This recipe doesn't take any longer to mix up than a box of premixed brownies and I think it is so much tastier. I use half whole wheat flour and half white flour and I really like the texture that results. This last batch I added some chocolate chips before I baked them and they were great! I think they would also be good with a rich chocolate buttercream frosting. Because you can never have too much chocolate in my book. I mix them by hand too, no mixer is necessary and would probably be too much.

Here's the recipe:

Annie's Brownies
1 cup melted butter
1/2 cup cocoa powder
2 cups sugar
4 eggs, beaten
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 tsp salt
3/4 cup whole wheat flour
3/4 cup white flour
1 cup chocolate chips (optional)

Directions:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Whisk together melted butter and cocoa powder. Add in sugar, eggs, vanilla and salt. Stir well and then add flours on top. Stir in flours and try not to over mix. Pour batter in a prepared* 9x13 pan  and top with chocolate chips if desired. Bake for 25-28 minutes.
*butter your pan by wiping the pan with the butter wrapper or line with parchment paper

ENJOY!

No comments:

Post a Comment