Friday, August 26, 2011

Show Us Your Life - Baby Shower Ideas

Today I am linking up with Kelly's Korner Blog for Show Us Your Life - Baby Shower Ideas.

When I was pregnant with Avalyn my sister and a good friend threw me a shower that was pretty big. Most of my friends, family that lived close and even a surprise friend from out of town were there. I also had a smaller shower at work thrown by some of my close coworkers. We had each person write out a prayer/note to Avalyn and also asked people to bring their favorite children's book so we were able to get a great start on our kid's library!
I did not have any showers for Harper because we already had way more girl stuff than we would ever need and I would feel so bad about asking for more stuff when we already had so much!
Some of my favorite things from both showers I had are shown in the pictures here...
My mom made this baby wreath, it had prefold diapers, onesies, hair bows, travel size baby care supplies, and teething toys all attached to a wreath with ribbons and flowers. Such a sweet idea!

Cake balls, made by my sister. Need I say more?

Part of the spread, LOVED the tulips!

My great friend, Sarah surprised me by coming from Chicago!

I had pictures taken with everyone who attended the shower and hung them in Avalyn's room. This is my mom, me, and my mom-in-law.

My work shower, they made me sit in this fancy chair and eat in front of everybody!

This was a great idea, a friend from work made this smaller scrapbook with pages all set and all I needed to do was put a 4x6 in each page.

Opening gifts at work, it was great because a few departments went together and bought us some of the remaining things on our baby registry that were a little pricey.

1 comment:

  1. I love the idea of prepared scrapbook. I'll have to remember that for the future.
    I love the beautiful decorations at the baby shower.
    I taking notes for the day my son gets married and we're blessed with a grandchild!

    ReplyDelete