Thursday, August 18, 2011

My (current) favorite recipe

I have made this recipe 2 times in the past 3 weeks and doubled it so that we would have lots... I figured I better share this recipe with you!

Oat Waffles
Yield: 8 servings
Prep and Cook Time: 5-15 minutes (it depends on how many kids you are keeping track of)

Ingredients:
1 cup flour ( I usually split this between white, whole wheat, and wheat bran)
1 cup oat flour (grind up oats in your food processor)
4 tsp baking powder
1 Tbsp sugar
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp cinnamon
2 eggs
1 3/4 cups milk
2 Tbsp olive oil
1 tsp vanilla extract

Directions:
In a bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Combine the eggs, milk, oil, and vanilla in a separate bowl and stir into the dry ingredients until just combined. Pour batter into preheated waffle iron and bake according to manufacturer's directions until golden brown.

When I double the recipe it makes enough for us to eat that day and then I keep the extras in the refrigerator. They last us about 4-5 days and if we don't eat them all by then I throw them in the freezer. When we want to eat them leftover we just pop them in the toaster and they are great. Much healthier, I assume, than Eggo's! Sometimes we just top them with honey or peanut butter but they are also great with syrup, eggs, and bacon on the side!

Enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment